Thursday, December 12, 2013

Striving to Do

So there's a continuous brainstorm going on in the back of my mind right now. It's been going on ever since I decided to start this blog. The storm arises from me trying to figure out the style in which I'll write on this blog. Something that may seem simple to you but to me, it's very important - or at least I subconsciously find it amusing to stress myself out imagining it is.

I'm very much a conversational writer. I really don't do much formatting or follow many rules. I guess I just try not to flagrantly commit too many grammatical sins. However, I also want to use this blog as a vehicle to experiment with different styles of writing and to perfect improve the way in which I craft together my thoughts and feelings. I even want to try to *gasp* research and cite correctly. Not that I'll do it all of the time but just to get comfortable with it and because these are tools that are handy to have. And I also feel the need to eff them up so many times that eventually one day I'll have no choice but to get it right.

I don't want to stress myself out by promising consistency; that would make me stop blogging before I even start. If it's one thing I've learned about myself so far is that too many stipulations around something I enjoy doing will make me run for the hills and I don't want to do that with this. All I can promise is that I'll be inconsistent. I'll be messy. I'll be incorrect. I'll be vague. I'll be too wordy. I'll basically be all over the place but I'm not striving to do anything perfectly; I'm just striving to do - which will hopefully, even with its shortcomings, still be worthy of reading.

I guess this is also good time to talk about the title of this blog. I am aware that, at first, it may appear that this could be a blog about me being incarcerated, "doing life," but I like the title. I think the content will speak for itself. I also figure I'll add some kind of quirky, sarcastic tagline to shortly and sweetly describe the blog and eliminate any confusion. Also, over Christmas break I'll be working on overhauling the design of the blog. It's way too blah for me right now.

I already have some posts drafted. I'm excited and ready to hit the ground running. I have so much stuff saved in my Pocket that I want to read and share! That reminds me: I need to write a post about Pocket...

I think this is the start of something amazingly awesome.

No comments :

Post a Comment