Wednesday, December 11, 2013

First Post!

Hi, I'm Dori. I'm a quarter-centenarian and a serial blogger. (This is seriously like my 5th Blogger blog!). This blog is for me, as all of my blogs have been. I'm somewhat obsessed with capturing and cataloging my life as it happens (this obsession is also fueled by my bad memory, but that's another story). I'm currently at the age where the world is should be my oyster but I'm not quite sure of how to tap into all of the endless possibilities that are out there.

I'm a jack of all trades and a master of none though I like to think I'm better than most at many. I'm a renaissance woman with a thirst for knowledge but lacking the attention span and willpower to take life by the horns and begin to steer it towards my dreams. A big reason for this is because I'm not sure what my dreams look like. I'm not sure what my purpose is. I'm not exactly sure what my calling is nor what my life will look like in the next 5 to 10 years.

Instead of preoccupying myself with trying to set in stone what I want to do with my life I've decided to do life the best way I know how. I've accepted that this will involve a lot of mistakes, a lot of learned lessons, a lot of frustration, a lot of feelings of being lost and hopeless. You'll see some of that here. You'll also see a lot of excitement, inspiration, motivation, great ideas, not-so-great ideas, articles, tips and tricks, links, videos and whatever else I feel or find that I am in some way inspired or enlightened by.

I think of myself going through life with a BIG toolbox (I love metaphors, by the way). Everyday I face challenges and find resources that will supply me with "tools" to add to my big toolbox. Not really sure what I'll be building with these tools but whenever that day comes, I'll be prepared. I also feel that this toolbox is filled with tools that can be shared. The more I use them, the better I can help others use or improve them. Even the tools that don't really work for me can be shared with others, to put in their own toolboxes and used to build whatever the heck they're trying to build.

I'm interested in reading about entrepreneurship, leadership, productivity, life hacks, creative and innovative thinking, psychology and anything to do with utilizing technology to make life easier and more efficient. I'm also an aspiring writer/copywriter, entrepreneur, mental health counselor, and an avid crafter, music enthusiast, and general information sponge.

Hopefully, this has been a sufficient intro to this blog. If it hasn't, just stay tuned and see what I post. My hopes are that you'll be able to find something to inspire you, to add to your tool box, and to help you do life.



No comments :

Post a Comment