Thursday, December 26, 2013

Things I Can't Live Without: Pocket

View From Any Device
Image from getpocket.com
I first discovered Pocket as an iPhone/iPad app for saving content from around the web. Since then it has expanded to including a Google Chrome extension and web version (they may have had the web version all along). I use Pocket to save articles, website, videos, and other various links that I need to get back to, read later, or share with someone else.

The unfortunate thing about me and storage is my tendency to abuse it. I'll be flipping through Flipboard (the app I use to read blogs) and with one tap I'll save it to Pocket to "read later." Instead of going back soon after to read what I saved, I've slowly amassed quite a collection of web content from all over. Luckily, Pocket allows you to tag and organize everything. I use tags to specify the source of content as well as to specify topic.

Pocket 5.0, released in November includes a Highlights section that's divided into Quick Reads, Long Reads, Trending content, and Best of content that can help you pick something to read, quickly. 5.0 is also supposed to be more intuitive, but clearly I haven't been utilizing it enough to make use of that feature.

The best part is that it syncs your content across devices and the interface is bright, clean, and easy to navigate.

If you don't use it already, head over to getpocket.com and let it change your life.

Note to self: Make a post about Flipboard.

No comments :

Post a Comment